Thursday, January 26, 2012

Up and UP

So St. Kitts just got a million times better because I've met some really great girls.  To name a few and give a shout out: Stephanie, Catherine, Karina, Leann, and Kate.  This past weekend was full of fun, laughter, and beach fest.  I had a chance to finally meet some other VIP women and they are AMAZING! Thank you to the ladies of leisure.  Yes apparently that is what the wives are referred to as, which I have no qualms about.
We went to Beach Fest on Saturday and enjoyed limin' with our friends and catching some sum.  Beach was just one big party.  Wilburt the pig made a few appearances that day too.  The rest of the weekend was low key and full of lots of studying.  Well not so much studying for me.  I enjoyed a nice evening out at the local theater and saw Sherlock Holmes with Stephanie and Trevor.  The tickets were reasonable and the small popcorn was truly a small popcorn and not the size of a Harris Teeter paper bag. 
Monday I laced up for another hike.  So we got to the hike location and one of the guys said something along the lines of 'ok, let's go!"....Go where? I don't see a trail.  Fret not! The trail was just on the other side of cane reeds..Really? I immediately had a flashback of Jurassic Park.  So we just started walking with the reeds. To where? I had no idea. Half the time my eyes weren't even open; mostly because every time I opened them I got hit the face with a branch.  Why I thought it was safer to walk with my eyes closed than chance a branch, I don't know...Oh and I was trying not to think about all bugs that were potentially crawling on me.  We must have walked through the reeds for 30 minutes or maybe it was only 10, regardless we finally made it out! After that the hike was awesome. It was a hard hike but a lot of fun. To get down to the base of the water fall we had to lower ourselves down with a rope! It sounds a lot more impressive than it actually was, but whatever it was a good workout, especially back up.  I had all but forgotten about the Jurassic Park-esque tall grass that we had to walk back through until we were there.  Really the grass was like 12 feet high.  Maybe next time a machete is in order.
Tuesday was an impressive day because Karina and I were able to drive ourselves from campus to Elvis's to play volleyball.  Karina did an awesome job driving and I was her co-pilot for directions.  The best part of the drive: "Watch out for the Monkey!" Because that is a completely normal thing to say while driving especially in St. Kitts.  Karina and I had a pretty good laugh about that one.  Normally my sweet mother tells me to look out for deer, not monkeys. 
A plus one for me with Andrew is that I've been cooking. Yes Mom, I've been cooking.  I know how to boil water.  I made taco salads the other night and had to brush my shoulders off a little when I decided to make crispy tortillas for us to have with our salads.  I brushed them with olive oil and put them in the skillet and then in our sweet potato size toaster over to crisp them up - Go Me! Andrew didn't seem that impressed, but whatever I didn't burn them, so that would be a plus one.
Last night I had my first experience with Club 1.  Stephanie, Catherine, and I clubbed it up and had fun being the only 3 in the club for a couple of hours.  I'll tell you what! St. Kitts loves them some Rhianna.  That's ok though because we requested plenty of Lady Gaga.
Today I was lady of leisure with Kate.  We went to shipwreck and laid around.  Kate snorkeled and I watched.  I saw her start to swim rather quickly so I assumed she was following a fish.  I was wrong, she was swimming away from a school of fish that had swarmed her.  I know she didn't find it funny but I did, sorry Kate. She was convinced they were after her.  Another quotable note from this week was when Kate and I were talking about wine and chocolate - a deadly combination.  According to Kate: "A good glass of red wine and a good piece of dark chocolate makes my heart smile." We had a pretty awesome beach bum day.
I spoke to my mom tonight and told her that Andrew and I were going to watch the State Carolina game. Her response " Oh gosh, I'm sorry State is going to lose" - Thanks for ruining it Mom : ) Love you!








3 comments:

  1. Love the new layout! Glad you're an officially initiated Lady of Leisure now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with Rihanna, of course- but I'm glad you added some Lady Gaga to the mix ;)

    ReplyDelete