Sunday, January 22, 2012

Twizzlers

We got our first package! We got an email on Wednesday stating that we had a package.  We were under the impression that the package was waiting at Student Union, but it wasn't.  We were told we would have to go down town to the Post Office to retrieve the package.  A friend of ours, Kate, had to go to town Friday morning, so I made plans to go with her then to get the package.  Thursday evening rolled around and wouldn't you know that my sweet tooth reared up.  I wanted twizzlers, a very random thing to crave.  So I thought to myself if I was in Raleigh I would get in my car and drive to Target and buy twizzlers. Well there were several problems with this thought...I'm not in Raleigh, I don't have a car, there isn't a Target, oh yeah and no twizzlers.  I settled for a cookie instead. Oh I should mention too that I brewed our first pot of Sweet Tea on Thursday as well....it lasted less than a day.  Andrew claims he only got to have glasses of the 2 qts that I made....If that is true that would explain why I was up until 4 am Thursday night.  Too much sweet tea? Never!
Friday morning came and Kate and I took a bus to town and walked around for a bit and took care of a few errands.  We made the post office our last stop.  When I went to claim our package I was informed that I would not be able to pick up the package unless I had my husbands permission?! I told since the package was addressed to him he would need to come get it or I would need a hand written note to pick up the package...Really? Ok.  So we took a bus back to campus and I had got my hand written note from Andrew.  I went back to town by myself!!!I thought it was a pretty big deal and I was proud of myself. I took the bus and it dropped me off right by the post office.  I kindly handed them my note and they got my package! I wasn't in the clear yet.  The post master opened the box in front of me and started removing all items.  I guess she suspected me for a gun smuggler...she didn't find any guns.  There wasn't any tax for the clothes, popcorn, tomato soup, or TWIZZLERS!! My sweet parents packed twizzlers for me.  So random that I wanted them the day before and here they were today ready for me to eat.  Again it is always the small things that mean so much.  I've eaten one bag already....

No comments:

Post a Comment