Saturday, January 28, 2012

Date Night : )

Uncle Millie drove us to the Marriott for date night last night.  Uncle Millie is one of many taxi cab drivers on the island.  He is one of my favorites!! because he always has a smile on his face.  Oh and he is normally is wearing a Hawaiian print shirt - it was blue last night and orange on Thursday.  A few other taxi cab drivers are: ShowTime, Trumpet, Mr. Rogers, Honest Earnest, West, and DaMix.  I'm pretty sure these are their birth given names, but who knows? So anyway, Uncle Millie and I were having a conversation about signing and dancing because we had just passsed the Kareoke bar - Bobsys.  I told him now was our chance to go stun the crowd and his anwer was: "If I had to sing for my food I would die of stravation! But dancing, I can dance.  I know how to shake a leg!" This tickled me and then I laughed even more when Uncle Millie started to laugh.  Cab rides are never dull around here. 
Once at the Marriott we ate at the Italian restuarant - La Cucina.  That means kitchen in italian, according to their menu.  Oh boy and was it ever delicious!  In my option the best meal we have had since we've been here.  But pasta is always good! I had stuffed ricotta ravoli - soo goood! Oh and it was smothered and cover in a garlic butter sauce - there was no calorie counting last because I'm sure I would not have been able to count that high! Ekk! And Andrew had a ravoli with a red cream sauce, which was topped with lobster and shrimp.  We did eat a salad - I guess so we didn't feel as guilty...whatever it was Date Night!
Dessert was the best! I had a giant piece of chocolate on chocolate cake, yummm.  Now for those of you who know Andrew, you know he doesn't really like sweets.  Unfortunately I was left to eat the cake by myself! It was rather unfortunate...  Andrew's dessert was a good old fashion Bud Light! He loved every sip.  The Marriott, thusfar, is the only place that we have found this tasty American Beverage.
On the way back home we passed by the local Subway.  I asked Uncle Millie if the Subway offers 5 Dollar Foot Longs? He preceeded to tell me I was crazy and that was an outragous idea.  Here he said the subs will cost you "An arm and both legs!" - not just one of your legs but both...He said the cost of a foot long is about $ 30 EC.  That's about $ 11.00 US - kinda expensive for Subway. I'd pay that for Jersey Mikes though. 
Food and drinks were great for date night but the best part was just having an evening with Andrew. It felt like the old normal Friday night back in Raleigh.  But the new normal is setting in just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment