Thursday, February 2, 2012

Scoot Scoot!

My week started off with the usual Monday Morning Hike.  We hiked the Sugar Hill Ruins and it was a great easy hike.  So the hike took us to one of the old Sugar Mills.  The mill is no longer in running order and hasn't been for some time.  The are supposedly turning one part of the mill into a hotel, pretty neat! Oh and I decorated Nikki's room for her birthday! She was sooo surprised! I told her I need to barrow her clothes line (she has a clothes line hanging in her room, pretty crafty) to hang a few pieces of clothing that I didn't want to put in the dryer.  So I borrowed her key and while she was taking her exam I hung streamers and balloons all in her room.  Andrew and I even bought her a broom for her birthday! I know, lame birthday gift, but hey the girl said she needed a broom. She was very shocked when you got back from her test! It's bad enough you have to take an exam on your birthday but your first vet school exam is even worse! I hope I brought some sunshine to her day!
Andrew's week didn't start out as relaxed as mine though.  Andrew had his first round of vet school exams on Monday.  He had 4 exams and did awesome on all of them! So very proud! He feels good about them as well.  It was a great way to start off the semester - full of confidence I hope. 
Last night Andrew told me that we had practice scheduled for today(Thursday) for our flag football team.  I asked him what time practice was. After a very long pause he started laughing and asked me why does it matter what time practice was, like I'd actually be doing something.  I guess he just assumes that being a lady of leisure now that my schedule is always open.  This is in fact not true.  Today I was somewhat busy...I woke up and went promptly to the post office and was there a just after 8 am.  Then I came home and ate breakfast and did some school work.  I had a meeting at 11 am to discuss a potential job (yay! will fill you in later).  After my meeting I had to go to the beach, I just had go! So see my days are often full and rarely empty...
Oh and yes the job. I have a job interview tomorrow for a position that I am very excited about.  Fingers crossed it goes well! I just hope and pray it is the right fit both me and the university.  What's funny about the job interview is when I told Andrew about it he said something like: "Oh that's great! And it only took you 1 month to get an interview.  Didn't it take you like 8 months to get a job when you graduated college?" Thanks Andrew! I graduated during a recession! was my response.  So whatever regardless of the outcome I'm still very happy to have the chance to interview for the position.  Again fingers crossed!
Today Kate and I had our usually beach day Thursday. The best part of the it was that we scooted there! Yes we scooted all the way to Shipwreck on the back of a cute little blue scooter! We did great! Slightly windy at times but we did awesome.  We talked about getting matching scooters and having T-Shirts and having our own scooter possy.  Kate was an awesome driver! I did a pretty good job riding back seat too.  Be proud of us! The roads get a little iffy and the scooter can get a squirrelly at times.  We scooted alllll the way from campus around the by-pass, through Frigate Bay, and up then down the mountain to Shipwreck.  And sometimes just for fun Kate would honk the horn.  Scoot Scoot!!
Oh and Kate and I decided that we are both really very good at people watching and should be paid, we are that good!
There will be more adventures next week as we scoot around St. Kitts.
Scoot Scoot!

2 comments:

  1. This blog post made me smile. I very much liked the birthday decorating, the broom gift, and the scooter story! Loving that you're loving it here. P.S. Good luck with the interview; I'm sure you'll be great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily dear...you always know how to make someone feel special. I appreciated that about you. :)
    Your blog is delightful. It's like reading a good book...miss you dearly!

    ReplyDelete